Here we go!

DISCLAIMER: When I think of coming up with my first entry for my 5th blog (yes, 5th---don’t ask), I just totally blank out because I don’t really know what to say. For starters, I was an active blogger before and for some crazy stupid reasons, I had to stop. And then I just started being afraid to write, and let other people read my stuff. So I created an anonymous blog for my random rants and musings. I guess some of them were kinda good---but still, I was afraid to share. But having an anonymous blog is no fun because what’s the point, really?

So I’m starting all over again. With a clean slate and a new blog URL. Hopefully this time I’d be braver, and be able to just let it out.


Me and My Starrs.

My life changed in Year 2008 when I decided to get a tattoo. I was just sitting there in the office and my officemates were all out. I was feeling kind of weak and vulnerable and I just wanted to get out and do something that would make me feel…invincible. So I turned off my computer, texted Ronnie and told him that I was coming over.

Ever since I was in high school, I had this thing with stars. I’d buy those glittery star stickers and stuck them in all my notebooks. I had candles shaped like stars. And I had a classmate who always competed with my “star fetish.” Everyday, she’d show me some of her stuff that had stars on it. And of course, I was in high school and didn’t know any better, so I’d also buy stuff that I could show off to her. But I lost, because she was richer and was more “able”. But anyway she’s not the star of this story so let’s move on.

Obviously, I already had a design in my mind. So I grabbed two of my best friends and asked them to accompany me in my life-changing experience.

I sat there, turned the volume of my friend’s ipod to maximum, and endured three long hours of skin-drilling. Yep, 3 hours. My design was simple but since the guy who was doing it was just Ronnie’s apprentice, I kind of understood why it took that long.

So there they were, 12 stars over my left shoulder. (Well its 14 now, but that’s another story.) You know that saying “Carrying the world on your shoulder,” well I felt that I was doing that a lot. So that was the reason why I put them there. So whenever I feel like I’m doing it again, I just stare at them and say--- I have my stars. And for some reason, it makes me feel invincible.

You know how when you look up at the sky and see all those stars twinkle in the night? For me, it’s like the closest thing to seeing that Greater Being who is above all of us. And why not? To each her own, right?

So how did these babies change my life? Well, they’re always there to constantly remind me that whenever life throws unpleasant things at me, I have them. I have my stars. I am invincible because someone up there is looking after me.

So now I have this blog again and I named it after them so that I’d no longer be afraid to share. Whatever it is that would enter my mind which I feel would be blog worthy, I shall just press on with it and not think a shit about whatever other people might say because really, I created this for myself.

What will you be expecting here?

For now, I have no idea. And that’s the beauty of it. No pressure. Just pure pleasure out of blogging without hesitations and fears.

It’s good to be back.

Comments

  1. This pilot blog post simply rocks! Truly inspiring, Manzky... follow! follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Prince! Waaaah my first comment and follower! Lavet. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Younger Self, Guess What? We're Blogging Again!

Protagonists & Antagonists

I miss it.