Weddings


Today I attended another wedding. Its actually my third this year. All three had red as the motif. Its supposed to bring the couple lots of love and luck.

Last year my parents celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary. The motif was blue. Our gowns blended with the decoration of the reception place. But there was unlimited wine,so it was still awesome.

This year my pseudo parents (in Ubec) decided to put an end to their marriage. With a little intervention and help from my real parents, and a little fixing on their part, they finally decided to just work on it. Many people do not understand their relationship, its too easy and too obvious to say that they should just quit, but for some reason, I think they shouldn't. At least they're trying.

I am 24 years old. I have been in Cebu for 8 years. I am home now for the Christmas vacation. In Kalibo.  And every year, every time there are weddings HERE in Kalibo, people would always ask me: "Hay ikaw Ne, san-o ka man masunod?"

Good question. I don't want to elaborate on the details but there's kind of a pressure on my part here to get married.

This morning while my dad and I were getting dressed for the wedding, we talked about the number of guests the couple had.

I said, "When I get married, I want it to be very intimate. I want only the people that matter to be there. I want them to be at least less than a hundred."

He said, "Hey that's good. You're actually considering getting married."

Me: "WTF does that suppose to mean??"

Of course I didn't say it out loud though, but seriously, what? Even my own dad doubts that I want to get married. The other night while I was "exercising", my brother just suddenly said: "Ate if ever you do decide to become and old maid, I hope you'd be just like Tita (Insert name of tita who spoils us so much) so that you could also spoil our kids."

REALLY? Do I really give off that vibe? Its not that I don't want to get married. I want to. Its just that I am not in a hurry. And I don't want to do it just coz. I don't really see it as a need, but I know that I want it. Someday.

In the mean time, I need to work on myself.

One thing I'm of sure though, when I do get married, my motif won't be red. And I wouldn't be putting orchids on my hair. Just saying. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Younger Self, Guess What? We're Blogging Again!

Protagonists & Antagonists

I miss it.